BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

TO THOMAS L FRIEDMAN RE EDITORIAL TODAY NOT LEAR'S FOOL

Mr Globalization:

We have Trump, finally, not for better, but also perhaps no longer for worse, because of the incoherence of your globalist worldview, not his.

Trump may be a sort of idiot, but you have long been a fool.

Which do you think is worse? I know what I think.

If you counter, and say something like, "I am just a journalist, a writer. I was ordered to take this position, long ago, by the post Milner NYT Editorial Board", I will say that you are a pathetic fool.

It is actually better, morally, in my judgment, to be a pathetic fool, rather than a straight fool.

There are, of course, also other types of fool.

There are, for example, comic fools, who are shrewder than their master, in Shakespeare, for example, say Lear's fool.

You are not one of those; you are dumber than your master, thus a pathetic (not a tragic) fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment