BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Saturday, February 25, 2017

THE MENU SAUSAGE

This is a brief lecture on meat, and on sausage meat.

You may think I am crazy, to go from what I have been discussing to this. Fair enough.

I use freshly ground meat for sausage, when I bother with it. Why? There are many reasons. Trust me.

But you do have to buy meat from somewhere.

When I grew up, the meat in the grocery was not watered down.  Now, you buy a piece of meat, not even sausage, say a steak or ground meat, and it reduces by half while cooking, and often refuses even to brown properly because of the water standing in the pan. Why? Reduction in quality, drive for profitability, you name it.

So, first you have to find a butcher that doesn't water down meat, cut or ground.

Maybe that is enough on this subject for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment