BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Saturday, November 18, 2017

RE BROOKS' BOOKS CHIMPS HUMAN RIGHTS THE SOCIAL ANIMAL

I checked these out.
The Social Animal, I read a few pages.....
 
Incoherent jibberish, dolled up as an intellectual tour de force.

If you asked him, point blank: "Should Chimps Have Human Rights?", he would probably say "Maybe."

 
Now I will look at Bobos In Paradise.

He obviously has a primate theme, so why not refer also, for his benefit, to Primates of Park Avenue, for comparison purposes, and to keep it on his home turf.
 
I am hoping for something worth attacking in detail in Bobos.

The problem with Brooks, intellectually, and you can quote me, is that he is a moving target.

Thomas Friedman, like shooting ducks in a barrel.

Brooks, quite something else.
The snipe of op ed columnists.

If you ever hunted snipe, you would know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment