BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Monday, September 25, 2017

THE MENU MARINATING BEEF TENDERLOIN IMPROV

I know this sounds a little crazy.
But, I don't do this to tenderize this meat. I do it to flavor it. Big difference.
I put say two 1.5 inch steaks in a 24 to 28 oz glass jar (pickle jar) with a tight lid.
I throw in a whole, finely diced, cooking onion, a crushed garlic clove, or granulated garlic to taste, 2 to 4 tbs, only, of mild greek pepperoncini or sweet cherry pepper juice, or a little caper juice, from jars of leftover juice, hand ground black pepper, and some salt, a sprig of rosemary.
 
You can marinate these, for as little as 3 or 4 hours, at room temp, say right after you buy them that day, and then cook them the same night. Or you can marinate them overnight. Either way works great. I flip the jar around or upside down periodically, so the marinade gets all around the steaks in stages.
 
You can bacon wrap them, fine.
 
You can either high bake, or broil, these, with this marinade in the pan, the rosemary hidden under the filets so it doesn't burn.
 
Scatter diced par cooked potatoes around the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment