BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

PAINT IT FLAT

I see a red door and I want it painted flat.
No colours anymore I want them to turn flat.

I look inside myself and see my heart is flat
I see my red door I must have it painted flat.

Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts.
It's not easy facing when your whole world is flat!

I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes.
I have to turn my head until my flatless goes.

I want to see you paint it, paint it flat,
Flat as night, flat as coal.
I want to see the sun flatted out from the sky.
I want to see you paint it, paint it, 
paint it, paint it flat!

This post is dedicated to Thomas L Friedman and Carole King, neither of whom ever sang a true note in their long lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment