BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Saturday, February 18, 2012

RE POST BELOW re KENNAN AND PATTON

I watched 'Patton' again the other day.


If you look at a certain passage of Russia and The West Under Lenin And Stalin, Kennan's view ultimately jibed with Patton's re 1945 re the USSR and Eastern Europe.


So many overwhelming implications, not to have driven them back to their lair when we best could have.


Whether the bomb could have been withheld, why not have tried, in 1945, even with existing intelligence leaks?


I will say this, few Americans indeed had the correct assessment, on the ground, in the chief executives' offices, or among the chiefs of staff, 


of either Kennan, or Patton. 


I believe that one might put Churchill in that select group with Kennan and Patton, but he was overruled I guess.


Maybe someone can correct mis perceptions I may have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment