BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Sunday, April 9, 2017

THE MENU MAYONNAISE IMPROV WORK IN PROGRESS

My goal here here is to set out a notion I have long had: to make mayonnaise in a wider variety of ways.
 
I plan to make it now using only some leftover pickle juice on hand, mixed with the yolk.
 
The plan as it now stands is to mix the yolk with several tablespoons of pickle vinegar juice. I think a good Provencal one might involve say two tbs of nonpareil caper juice, and one or two tbs of mild Greek pepperoncini juice. I plan to mash through a garlic press a couple of tsps of the capers, in this one, for good measure. 
 
I am also toying with the idea of  mashing in an anchovy filet, the kind that come in olive oil.
 
One can also drip some of this leftover anchovy oil into such a mayonnaise without regret.
 
That is next, either today or tomorrow.

Bad news, this menu a failure. Don't use just pickle juice. I still find that a heaping teaspoon of good mustard with an egg yolk works best for a mayonnaise emulsifier. 

If you do this anyway, you can still salvage it for use in a nice meat pate! That is what I am going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment