BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Monday, April 24, 2017

THE MENU CURRY IMPROV

I ordered another copy of a book I once had in London in the 70s, An Invitation to Indian Cooking, Jaffrey.
 
Yesterday, I made curried leftover sauerbraten slop and wild rice. Delicious. For something like this, there really is no recipe as such...
 
I did saute onions, added curry powder and cumin, a little tomato sauce or crushed tomato, leftover wild rice, garlic powder this time, a crushed sweet pickled cherry pepper...
 
I let it rest for a day or so, it gets better... You can top this with additional tomato sauce and or yogurt, or even sour cream! Of course if you have chutneys (pickles) you can do that too.

This is organic produce coop day, downstairs, back yard. My wife manages it... Every fortnight, a lorry pulls up in the alley...

No comments:

Post a Comment