BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Sunday, February 7, 2016

RE REPUBLICAN DEBATE

I do not want to comment generally on the debate.

I would just say that Christie played a great role, savaging both Cruz and Rubio as novices, and bought off. 

He left Trump free to then utterly stomp them on their views (in my judgment, but maybe the average person does not realize it), and that of Bush too (bought off too, he had crowed about protecting Florida from eminent domain abuses...), I might add, on eminent domain.

Trump then quite rightly then turned on the audience, pointing out its preponderant composition of campaign donors such as those who financially have supported the property rights and eminent domain positions of Cruz, Rubio, and Bush. 

Trump reminded me then more of FDR than of anyone else.

The property rights lobby, and their creatures Rubio, Cruz, and Bush, certainly take us back to before the Civil War, to a time and place where states' rights, and secession, were not only rightly viewed (then and now in my judgment) as reasonable and constitutional positions,  but also as necessary positions. The Civil War accomplished nothing in this regard, in my judgment.

I may mention eminent domain again in another post because it seems to play such a central role in this primary race.

No comments:

Post a Comment