BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Monday, March 14, 2011

the menu and The Literary Gourmet Just Ducky curried

One might have guessed that I would do something like this. I never had duck in an Indian restaurant.....


I was influenced, back in the mid 70s, in London, by Madhur Jaffrey, who wrote a very good book on Indian cooking, I believe I had An Invitation To Indian Cooking


There was a good 'student' Indian restaurant, back then, I believe on Charlotte Street, called The Natraj. Of course the city was filled with them.


I have consulted other books since, but this was a good early one for me.


Duck needs a lot of sauce, and rice, to cut the fat which roils around the roasting pan.


Thus, leftover roast duck, curry.


I used various dry frozen ground spices for this little number, cumin, garam masala, cardamom;plus Muir Glen garlic roast garlic tomato sauce, leftover red chard.

No comments:

Post a Comment