BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Thursday, September 1, 2016

TRUMP THE MAVERICK EXECUTIVE

I just want to advert to a reference, a literary, a cartoon, a personality, a so called psychological, an historical, a commercial, an economic, an American, an old West (Dusty), and a personal family connection (my uncle), type.

One reason for doing so, especially now, is to reprise these old, very varied, references, sprinkled throughout this blog, and to note that it seems that Trump's campaign follows, in ways one could not necessarily have predicted, very many of the kinds of diverse illustrations and analogies I have drawn in the past. 

I, personally, am not a fan, except in a personal way, of The Maverick Executive. It is not my ideal for a leader of government, but I have painted an American ideal which I believe has very deep resonance in the American imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment