BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

THE NIXON SHOCK DUMB AND DUMBER

American historians of all stripes love to feed gullible Americans this same old misguided pap, for the last 50 years, about how brilliant Nixon was, with the Nixon Shock....
 
Most of you now, very very late in the game baby,  have to finally read something like Pillsbury's account to learn the truth, at last. Ch 3.
 
I had already guessed more or less as much, a long long time ago, about the time I was already complaining about the Japan economic debacle in the 80s, but it is a wonderful "I told you so" moment for me to see it in print, after all these decades of bullshit, and liberal multipolar fools trying to tell me I was the one who was crazy.

October 19 post edit:

Let's just call the Nixon Shock a pivot, so that later references to a Pivot are better understood, but perhaps also better understood in different contexts, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment