BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Monday, November 21, 2016

THE MENU TO COUNTER STURM UND DRANG

How bout liver pate, Southern style?

Let's start with liver. Which one?
Most people would say, use beef.

I favor things like squirrel and chipmunk, but can't get enough of the little devils' tiny livers, so I think to use chicken liver. Of course you should use duck or goose if you happen to have it.

Why? It's mild and prevalent.

Call me irresponsible, but I would throw in chicken gizzards when I find them.

Ok. What next? The usual onions, sauteed, thyme, a little sage, dill perhaps, garlic to taste, say red or white wine or fino, reduction, rather than cognac for which I have a better use.

Diced hickory smoked bacon, or comparable European substitute, is required.

How about a few crushed pecans?

What is wrong with say a few peeled muscadines?

That's about it. You already know how to prepare this too or you wouldn't have read this far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment