BOOMERBUSTER

BOOMERBUSTER
OLD CELLO

Monday, May 9, 2011

re MOTHERS DAY MENU

This was pan sauteed local red snapper fillet with a meuniere sauce. 
Diced provencal potatoes, steamed asparagus, and tossed field green salad. 
Various ice cream, mint milano cookies, etc.


The image of a black bean soup, which was taken by me, sent to certain friends, contains soaked black beans, cumin powder, fennel seed, a dash of cayenne pepper, black pepper, healthfood bacon fat 1 tbs., olive oil, a splash, sauteed onion and garlic in abundance, several diced carrots, a bay leaf. It is not made according to a recipe. I use them, recipes, as a guide, sometimes. 


This website has some menus; terms search: the menu, mayonnaise. 


The important thing (to me), other than the flowers, about the image, is the fruit compote, which is part of the Creil Montereau 'japo' table ware line, from 19th century France, which Claude Monet used, daily, at Giverny. Cf. the book,  Monet's Table, text and illustrations therein.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Although I can't tell what website you're talking about.

    Duck confit is resting comfortably underneath a considerable amount of rendered duck fat. I believe it can rest there for a very long time, if necessary. Duck stock is a rich brown brew, gelatinized at the present time, and also capable of resting in the fridge almost indefinitely. I threw out the innards. Perhaps if I kept cats, the innards would have been fed to them; but then again, if I kept cats, would I be the sort of person who made duck confit? In a word, no.

    More revelations of gastronomic feasts sure to follow.

    ReplyDelete